Book Spotlight: Best Laid Plans by Roan Parrish
Best Laid Plans
(Garnet Run #2)
by Roan Parrish
Date Released: February 23, 2021
About Best Laid Plans
A man who’s been moving his whole life finally finds a reason to stay put.
Charlie Matheson has spent his life taking care of things. When his parents died two days before his eighteenth birthday, he took care of his younger brother, even though that meant putting his own dreams on hold. He took care of his father’s hardware store, building it into something known several towns over. He took care of the cat he found in the woods…so now he has a cat.
When a stranger with epic tattoos and a glare to match starts coming into Matheson’s Hardware, buying things seemingly at random and lugging them off in a car so beat-up Charlie feels bad for it, his instinct is to help. When the man comes in for the fifth time in a week, Charlie can’t resist intervening.
Rye Janssen has spent his life breaking things. Promises. His parents’ hearts. Leases. He isn’t used to people wanting to put things back together—not the crumbling house he just inherited, not his future and certainly not him. But the longer he stays in Garnet Run, the more he can see himself belonging there. And the more time he spends with Charlie, the more he can see himself falling asleep in Charlie’s arms…and waking up in them.
Is this what it feels like to have a home—and someone to share it with?
Read my five-starred review of Best Laid Plans.
Add Best Laid Plans on Goodreads.
Learn more about the Garnet Run series on Goodreads.
About Roan Parrish
Roan Parrish lives in Philadelphia, where she is gradually attempting to write love stories in every genre.
When not writing, she can usually be found cutting her friends’ hair, meandering through whatever city she’s in while listening to torch songs and melodic death metal, or cooking overly elaborate meals. She loves bonfires, winter beaches, minor chord harmonies, and self-tattooing. One time she may or may not have baked a six-layer chocolate cake and then thrown it out the window in a fit of pique.
Connect with Roan
About Carina Adores
Carina Adores is home to highly romantic contemporary love stories featuring beloved romance tropes, where LGBTQ+ characters find their happily-ever-afters.
A new Carina Adores title is available each month:
- The Hideaway Inn by Philip William Stover (now available)
- The Girl Next Door by Chelsea M. Cameron (now available)
- Just Like That by Cole McCade (now available)
- Hairpin Curves by Elia Winters (now available)
- Full Moon in Leo by Brooklyn Ray (now available)
- If You Can’t Stand the Heat by KD Fisher (now available)
- Just Like Us by Cole McCade (now available)
- Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love by Kim Fielding (now available)
- The Beautiful Things Shoppe by Philip William Stover (now available)
- Knit, Purl, A Baby and a Girl by Hettie Bell (coming March 30)
- The Hate Project by Kris Ripper (coming April 27)
- Hard Sell by Hudson Lin (coming May 25)